At the first executive meeting, the following objectives were agreed;
1. To foster a unified community approach to the protection and wise use of Gulf St Vincent
2. To advocate for the
- conservation of marine and coastal environments
- protection of key habitats in the gulf
- sustainable use of marine resources
3. To promote awareness of issues relating to the health of Gulf St Vincent
4. To provide a means of conveying community concerns to the government
FoGSV fosters greater public awareness of the gulf and its issues, as well as greater networking among member groups, by: organising Fora featuring South Australian environmental experts; publicising events through a central calendar; organising excursions to particular sites and visits to local groups; producing educational resources etc.
We welcome participation, ideas, suggestions, etc. And if you would like to become involved, or go on the mailing list to be informed of events, etc., please contact us.